Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Putting the puzzle pieces together





Meet Karey.

My friend, client and today's guest blogger.









I've known Karey for a few years now. She's one of my favorite people.

Strong Christian, hilarious, willing to do anything for anyone and one AMAZING hair stylist. She did my hair for the contest and photo shoot. (Check out the photo in the header.)

Thank you Karey and Transformations!

So, after the show back in June, I started training Karey. We talked about and appllied the three puzzle pieces of sucess for weight loss: resistance training, nutrition and cardio.

(BTW, the girl ROCKED with tire flips!! 3 sets of 15 out back of Anytime Fitness.)

Some things went well, others were a challenge...



But now, as Paul Harvey used to say, (well...sort of...) here's Karey with "The Rest of the Story."
 
My journey of weight gain started five years ago after I cancelled my wedding. 
My weight went up and down.

Sometimes I didn't care. Sometimes I didn't try.

I started training with Jeannie since June. But it was not fair to be training when not eating right.

Six weeks ago I had an "aha" moment. I took a really good book on vacation and started eating a lot of clean food. Much less sugar and more fresh vegetables and lean meats.

but I couldn't get back into my cardio.

I am lucky to have two trainers. Jeannie for the resistance training and my friend Sherry for other training and support.  Sherry has lost a bunch of weight and has kept it off through running.

So, I decided to run the Mini Marathon on May 7, 2011. I can't believe I am going to do this!!

As I continue with this journey, I will be stopping in to Jeannie's blog to tell you how it's going. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    Hope you are having a good day,I just want to thank you for visiting me and your gracious comment. Have a lovely Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete